Friday, May 3, 2013

An Epic Sleepover

Ember is going for her first sleepover at a friend's house tomorrow night.  She's stayed at Nana's a couple of times without us there, but this will be the first time at a friend's.  She's very excited about it and couldn't stop talking about it this evening.

Em: I'll miss you when I'm at M's house.  Will you miss me?
Me: I sure will.
Em: I'm just staying at M's house for one night aren't I?
Me: Yes, just tomorrow night.
Em: Oh.  I wish I could stay lots of nights.  I wish I could stay for one thousand nights! That would be long, wouldn't it?
Me: It would be long.  That would be about three years.  You'd be there till you were eight!
Em: I'd have to have my birthday there?
Me: Yep.
Em: Ok, I want to do that.
Me: I'd miss you if you were gone that long.  Wouldn't you miss Daddy and me?
Em: You could come and visit.  You could come too!
Me: Where would I sleep?
Em: No, not to stay.  You could just come for the party and then go off again.
Me: Thanks very much!
Em: Tomorrow is going to be so much fun, ay Mum?  But not for you ay Mum?  You're not staying at someone's house; you're going to have a boring day!

Here's hoping it goes as well as anticipated...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.