Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Your presence is her present. Kind of.

Ember has been planning her birthday for about four weeks so far, and it's not till August. I think she's a bit excited... Anyway, today in the car we were talking about it for the umpteenth time.

Em: Do you know why I'm so excited about my birthday?
Me: Why?
Em: Because I know my friends are going to get me such good presents!
Me: You know birthdays aren't all about the presents though, right?
Em: Yes, I know.
Me: The best bit is getting to hang out with your friends and have a good time.
Em: Yep, being with your friends is the best and then presents second.
Me: If none of your friends could get you a birthday present, would you still want them to come to your party?
Em: Yes, of course!
Me: Good.
Em: (pause) But don't tell them that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.