Sunday, July 29, 2012

Simon's shattered Olympic dream

We were watching the men's gymnastics on TV this afternoon, and Ember was quite taken with it, prancing around doing her own version of the tricks. 

Em: I can do that! I'm going to do that!
Me: What, gymnastics, or the Olympics?
Em: The 'lympics.
(Gymnast does a particularly impressive series of  flips in his floor routine.)
Si: I can do that.
Me: (to Ember) Do you think Daddy could do that?
Em: No! (to Simon)  You can't do that Daddy, you would knock over your beer!
Si: Yes, I'd probably get kicked out of the pub too...

Simon was drinking a very innocuous cup of tea at the time.

1 comment:

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.