Friday, August 12, 2011

Naughty tree-painting girls and Charlie going round

I've remembered a few things I meant to post during my month gap in posting, so I'll put what I can remember here.

For a while, every time we got to a certain part of the deviation (the windy, hilly part of the Raglan road), Ember would say:
Em: Naughty girls!
Me: What?
Em: They paint the trees!
Me: What girls?
Em: The naughty girls, they paint the trees, they do Mama, they paint it.  They naughty girls.

I never did figure that one out.

After we switched Ember to the more grown up version of the carseat, she took a little while to adjust to being lower to the seat and less firmly wedged into the seat.  One day, when Charlie was driving and I was sitting next to Ember, we had this conversation:

Em: No! Charlie's make me sad!
Me: What's the matter?
Em: He fall down me.
Me: You're ok.
Em: No, Charlie make me sad, he do.
Me: Why are you sad?
Em: Because Charlie drives around!
Charlie:  That's because this part of the road has corners.  So I have to drive round them.  But we're coming out of the cornery phase now and coming into a straight phase.
Em: (pause) I've got a face.

She makes me LOL! :)

More snippets to come as I remember them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.