Thursday, November 24, 2011

A 'normal' conversation with Ember...

This morning, on our way to Toddlers, we said hello to Erika, who works in my building. This resulted in the following conversation!


Em: Who’s that?
Me: That’s Erika.
Em: That’s your friend?
Me: Yes.
Em: Ekka go to your work?
Me: Yes, she works in the same building.
Em: You see her?
Me: Well, yes, I saw her just then.
(pause)
Em: I see Rumour [or possibly Ruma?]
Me: You see who?
Em: Rumour. I see Rumour Mummy.
Me: Rumour?
Em: Yes. Rumour.
Me: Oh, you know Bruce Willis’ daughter do you?
Em: Yes, I do.   She got my granny’s dawdles [or something like that]
Me: Your granny’s dawdles?
Em: Yes, she does.
Me: What’s that?
Em: Ummm (pause, finger on cheek in classic ‘I’m thinking’ pose) Hmmm, let me think about it. (pause) Oh, I know what it is.  We got to go to Daddy’s tickle party!

1 comment:

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.