Friday, January 13, 2012

Never smile at a... cicada?

We got Ember a springfree trampoline for Xmas, and Ember and I go on it most days (even if the trampoline is wet, just as long as it's not actually raining. Hard.)  The trampoline has a net around it and it seems to be a favourite resting place for cicadas.  I spotted one on the outside of the net this evening and pointed it out to Ember.

Em: (squealing, like a big girl's blouse) What is it?
Me: It's a cicada.
Em: I won't touch it.
Me: You can if you like it won't hurt you.
Em: You do it.

I touch the underside of the cicada through the net, probably annoying it, but it didn't move.

Em: Stop! It doesn't like bouncing!
Me: It's ok, look, it's not moving.
Em: I touch it?
Me: If you want to.
Em: (gets very close but doesn't quite touch it) Eeeee! It's going to hurt me!
Me: No it won't!
Em: No, Ember girls don't like being touched by alligators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.