Sunday, January 29, 2012

Silly Mummy

We stayed at a friend's house last night and about 10 minutes after settling Ember I popped back in to check on her. She was still awake so I said:

Me: Are you ok sweety?
Em: what Mummy?
Me: are you ok?
Em: yep, I'm ok.

I gave her a quick cuddle, and while I was lying there she said:

Em: are you staying in here for a little bit?
Me: no, I'm going back out to the lounge in a minute.
Em: Mummy, why did you come into my room?
Me: Just to check on you.
Em: well you shouldn't come in when girls are going to sleep, you got to leave them alone or they will wake up and be running around all over the place.
Me: I'm sorry, would you like me to leave you alone?
Em: yes and don't come in.

It's not like normally she doesn't call for me or Si whenever she goes to bed!!

We've recently (almost) mastered potty training and I frequently ask her 'do you need to go to the toilet? Are you sure? Do you want to come and try?' and now frequently get the response "Mummy I already say no, don't ask me five times or six times!". Simon and I have both also been guilty of telling her the same information more than once and been told "you already say that to me you don't need to tell it again!"

I feel she might be a fun teenager... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.