Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hedgehog Soup?

Driving home this afternoon, I said to Em:

Me: I'm going to make soup for dinner, do you want to help me make it when we get home?
Em: Um, yep, I'll help you.
(just then I saw a hedgehog on the footpath)
Me: Oh look!
Em: What was it?
Me: A hedgehog.
Em: Oh, he's lonely!  I think he's going back to his home.
Me: I think he's probably not feeling very well.  Hedgehogs usually only come out at night; when they come out in the day time it usually means they aren't feeling very well.
Em: Well try not to squash him with the car Mummy, otherwise he will go up and be a star.  He'll be died.
Me: It's ok, I didn't squash him.
Em: Good.  You can make soup then.  If you squashed him, then you doesn't get to make soup.
Me: Oh really? Who says?
Em: That's the deal.
Me: Whose deal?
Em: It's my deal.

On the other hand, if I'd wanted to make hedgehog soup... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.