Friday, June 1, 2012

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Pat Man!

Ember has been thinking about superheroes a lot recently, although I'm not sure why.  We've also been having a lot of conversations about my dad, "Grandad Pat", who died when I was 14.  We aren't religious so in finding a way to explain death to Ember I said that when people (or animals) die, they go up into the sky to be stars.  Ember knows that her Grandad Pat is a star, and has a little canvas square of photos of him that Mum got done for me recently.  Anyway, the two topics came together in a very funny way the other night, when out of the blue she said:

Em: Mummy.  You know my Grandad who's in the sky being a star?
Me: Yes, you mean Grandad Pat?
Em: Yes Grandad Pat.  Well, what was Grandad Pat doing when he got died?
Me: I'm not sure what you mean sweety.
Em: Well, was he fighting the naughty kids?

I'm sure Dad would prefer to keep that as the explanation for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.