Saturday, September 22, 2012

Magic People, Boys and Babies

A few Emberisms from the last couple of days:

On Boys
I took Ember to Playcentre on Wednesday and as we were leaving I asked her:

Me: Did you have a good time Ember?
Em: Yep. I played with B
Me: Did you have fun playing with B?
Em: Yep (indignant voice) But I doesn't like her sister!
Me: Her sister?  You mean N? He's her brother.
Em: Yeah, I didn't like her brother. I didn't like that boy. I don't like boys. They get in my way.
Me: You like A and  L and M at Preschool don't you?
Em: Yes.
Me: Well they're boys. So you do like boys.
Em: I just don't like boys who get in my way!

______________

On Magic

Randomly today while she was on her scooter coming over the footbridge:

Em: I wish I could see a magic person.  I don't have any magic people in my life.

_______________

On Giving Birth

I was brushing my teeth when Ember came into the bathroom, holding her baby doll (who, in fact, used to be my baby doll when I was a little girl!):

Em: Look Mummy, this baby was in my tummy and then she just plopped out!
Me: Oh, she just plopped out did she?
Em: Yep, but it's ok, my tummy didn't break.
Me: Oh good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.