Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bad Dreams

I've been weaning Ember off Dora and Barbie movies and getting out more interesting ones like Labyrinth and The Neverending Story (gotta love those synthesiser soundtracks).  Last night she was trying to roll a tennis ball around her hands like Jareth in Labyrinth (played by Michael Moschen) saying "If you turn it this way, and look into it, it will show you your dreams."  Classic.  She found an old-looking book in my office the other day, and started "reading" it, telling me that she had to save Fantasia from the Nothing.

The downside is that some of the creatures have been invading her dreams - she dreamed that the Gmork was at her Preschool, for example.  Yesterday morning when I got up for work, a plaintive little voice called:

Em: Mummy!  I need a cuddle.
Me: Ok (supplying cuddles)
Em: Can I tell you about my dream? It was a bad dream.
Me: What happened in your dream?
Em: There was a witch, and she wanted me to be her darling, but I didn't want to be her darling because I just wanted to be your darling. 
Me: And what happened?
Em: I punched her and she died.

I'd like to note that we do not advocate violence as a problem-solving technique in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.