Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fish slippers

We went for a walk this evening, and suddenly out of the blue, Ember said:

Em: Mummy, I like fish fingers again.
Me: Do you?
Em: Yep, I like them for my dinner.
Me: Where did you have fish fingers?
Em: At my home!
Me: You haven't eaten fish fingers since you were about two... Have you had them somewhere else recently?
Em: No, I just remember them from when I was three and I like them again now.
Me: Ok, we'll try to get some for you then.  Do you think they're really made out of fish fingers?
Em: No! Fishes doesn't have fingers!
Me: Oh, don't they?
Em: No! Fishes just has slippers!

Of course... silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.