Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Give me your digits...

In the car on the way home tonight, Ember said:

Em: Is Christmas a long time?
Me: Yes, it's still quite a long time until Christmas.
Em: It's after your birthday?
Me: Yes.
Em: What's your number?
Me: The third.
Em: Third?  But what's your size?
Me: My size? I'm not sure what you mean.
Em: What's your number for your size?
Me: I don't know what you mean Ember, my size for what?
Em: FOR YOUR NUMBER!
Me: I don't know what you mean Ember.
Em: (frustrated noise) I just want to know your number.  How long you are.
Me: Well, I'm 169cms tall, I weigh 68kgs and I wear size 12. 
Em: Oh.
Me: Is that what you want to know?
Em: No, I want to know your number of what you'll be on your birthday.
Me: Oh, you mean you want to know how old I'm turning?
Em: Yes!
Me: 34.
Em: How old are you now?
Me: 33.
Em: Wow, that's really old!
Me: Thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.