Monday, March 28, 2011

Emilie and James (and Thomas)

A couple of weeks ago, two of my friends from work came to visit me in Raglan. Sarah brought her golden retriever, Holly, along for a bit of a beach run, and Em was completely smitten. The whole day has obviously stuck in her memory as she's talked about Holly (or 'Polly') a few times now. She hadn't mentioned it for a while, and then on Saturday, out of the blue, came this little gem:

(in the car, Ember pipes up from her carseat)
Em: What's that girl called name?
Me: Which girl?
Em: Come with Holly.
Me: Sarah?
Em: No, not Sarah, other girl.
Me: Emilie?
Em: Yes, Emilie. Where's Emilie?
Me: I don't know. She's probably at her house.
Em: Where's Sarah?
Me: She's at her house.
Em: Where's Holly?
Me: Holly's at Sarah's house.
Em: Emilie at Sarah's house?
Me: No, Emilie lives at her house
Em: Lives at Sarah's house?
Me: Emilie lives at her own house, with a boy called James.
Em: James friends with Thomas the tank engine!
So now Ember thinks Emilie lives with Thomas the Tank Engine. She keeps talking about Emilie and James and Thomas, and would probably love to go and visit..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.