Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The mothering instinct

When I picked Ember up from Toddlers today (her daycare, part of Campus Creche), Kelly (one of the teachers) said to me: "Ember took very good care of her baby [doll] all day today."  There was a slight pause and then she said to me: "Do you have someone close to you with a young baby?"  I smiled and said "Was Ember breast feeding her baby?"  She was indeed.

The great thing is that at home she "breast" feeds her dollies from her belly button - they have milk and then water!  I figure it's more natural than feeding her dolly from a bottle anyway. 

Amber and Laura have a lot to answer for :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! But I never feed William from my belly button! Although I have to say that I think she is instinctively (or intuitively?) mimicking the umbilical cord :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.