Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mama (not you mama)

Ember has started role-playing quite a lot with her toys (which is scary because I hear my own voice coming out of her mouth fairly often!)  A week or so ago she was playing 'five little ducks' with all her bath ducks, and we had this very confusing conversation:


Em:   (in the bath) Mama?
Me:   yes?
Em:   no, not you mama, mama duck mama
Me:   oh, okay
Em:   Mama?
Me:   yeah?
Em:   no, not mama, mama duck mama!
Me:   ok, sorry
Em:   Mama? (pause) Mama? (pause) MAMA?
Me:   yes?
Em:   not you mama, mama duck mama!
Me:   I don't think she's going to answer
Em: ... (starts voicing Mama Duck)

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite so far! I can see a play or series of skits coming...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.