Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oh the humanity!

On the way home from work/Toddlers today, we had this little gem of a conversation:

Me: Do you know who's coming with us tomorrow?
Em: Who?
Me: Tabasco (our dog) - he's going to get a haircut.
Em: So he can get all fluffly?
Me: Well, no, so he can get less fluffy really.
Em: (pause) But he doesn't like to get cut, it might ouch him.
Me: He's not going to get cut, just his hair.
Em: Like you cut my hair?
Me: Yep.
Em: You cut my hair and I got brown hair.  You got brown hair like me Mummy!
Me: Yes, sort of.  I need to give you another hair cut don't I?
Em: (silence)
Me: It's either a hair cut or pigtails every day, what would you prefer?
Em: (decidedly) A hair cut.
Me: But you look so cute with pigtails!
Em: No, it hurts me when you do those pigtails.
Me: No it doesn't.
Em: Yes, you go wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and it hurts me, it really hurts me.
Me: It's not that bad.
Em: Yes it does Mummy, so you don't got to make me sad and crying!
Me: Oh, well sorry!
Em: Don't talk to me now Mummy, I need a little rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.