Thursday, March 8, 2012

Conversations in the car...

We currently have a friend from London staying, Hannah, who can now attest to the accuracy of this blog!  We have just returned from a trip to Kerikeri where we hung out with Gran and Brian, and Hannah also went on a bus trip up to Cape Reinga.  A lovely time was had by all, and we are now back in Auckland for a couple of days before heading home to Raglan.  We've had a few funny conversations over the course of the car journey - here is a selection of ones I can remember.

On our way North, Hannah commented that there weren't as many sheep as she had been expecting.  I explained that there are fewer up North, but that she would see plenty during her stay in New Zealand.
Me: I'll have to take you to Rotorua to see the sheep show at the Agrodome.
Em: Can I come to the sheep show?
Me: Yes.
Em: Is there a witch in it?
Me: Uh, no, it's not that kind of show.  It's just about sheep.
Em: Do they kill them?
Me: No!
Em: Why?
Me: It's not that kind of show!

________________________________________

In Orewa, after stretching our legs at the playground and refuelling the car and ourselves, Ember must have decided Hannah was looking dehydrated:

Em: Would you like some of my juice Hannah?
Han: Thank you Ember, but I'm ok.
Em: Have you got a drink?
Han: No, but I'm all right
Em: Have some juice, here (passes juice forcefully forward)
Han: Thanks Em, that's very kind
Em: You got to take the lid off.
Han: Yes, I will.
Em: Don't drink it all!

I wonder where this bossy streak comes from... :)

_________________________________________

Coming out of Waitangi today:

Me: Do you need to go wees?
Em: Nope.
Me: Well, when we get to Paihea you have to go all right?
Em: Why?
Me: We've got a long way to go.
Em: But why does I got to do wees?
Me: Otherwise you might go in your car seat and that would be yucky.
Em: I won't Mummy.  The wees will stay in my willy.
Me: You haven't got a willy sweetheart.
Em: What is it where my wees are?
Me: Your vagina.
Em: Bagina. Bagina.  I got a bagina.  Have you got a bagina Mummy?
Me: Yes.
Em: And boys got a willy?
Me: Yes, but it's called a penis.
Em: Penis? Why?
Me: It's the proper name for a willy.
Em: Oh. What's the Maori word for bagina?
Me: Um... I have no idea! (anyone know??)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.