Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lucky flamingos!

Ember and I were walking down to the new market this morning (well, I was walking and Ember was rolling in the buggy) when completely out of nowhere we had this conversation.

Em: Mummy. I doesn't like to chase flamingos.
Me: You don't like what?
Em: I don't like to chase flamingos.
Me: Oh. Ok...
Em: That's why flamingos are pink. ('That's why' usually means 'because')
Me: Ok
(Pause)
Me: So, why don't you like to chase flamingos?
Em: DON'T EVEN SAY THAT TO ME MUMMY!
Me: What? I don't understand. Why did you say you don't like to chase flamingos?
Em: NO MUMMY DON'T SAY THOSE WORDS AND THOSE THINGS TO ME!

I'm pretty sure she didn't have anything "herbal" for breakfast, but I won't swear to it after that conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.