Sunday, November 11, 2012

Oh Bother

Ember is not a child who seems to need a lot of sleep, and although we try to get her into bed by 8pm, she often doesn't go to sleep until 9.30pm or later. Usually she will look at a book or play with her toys in bed quite happily, but occasionally (usually when there is something we really want to watch on TV, or when we have something particular that needs to be done) she calls us in because "I need to tell you something", which she then usually invents when one of us gets into the room.

Tonight she kept calling for her Daddy, who was trying to watch "The Expendables", and broke into noisy, melodramatic sobs when he called out that he would come in in the ad break.  I popped in to see what was up.

Em: [much sobbing and sad face-ness]
Me: What's up?
Em: (wails) I want my Daaaaaaddddyyyy.
Me: Why? What's the matter?
Em: (fresh sobs and 'woe is me' voice)Winnie the Pooh is not real... there are no Winnie the Poohs in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.