Friday, June 17, 2011

Friends?

In the car on the way home tonight, I was asking Ember what she had done at Toddlers that day...

Me: So, who did you play with today?
em: Aidan
me: And who else?
Em: No, just Aidan!
Me: What about Sophie?
Em: No!
Me: What about Reitu? Did you play with Reitu?
Em: No, just Aidan!
Me: What about Max?
Em: No! No one else!
Me: Why not? Max is a nice boy.
Em: No, he not! I got no friends at Toddlers! Just Aidan!
Me: You can have more than one friend you know.  You don't have to just be friends with Aidan.
Em: No! I got no friends!
(pause)
Me: What about Matai?
Em: Umm, yep!
Me: Was Matai there today?
Em: Yep!
Me: Did you play with him?
Em: Yep!
Me: So you do have other friends?
Em: Yes, I do Mummy.
Me: Who else is your friend?
Em: Sophie and Reitu and Max!

Contrary child... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.