Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Last night....

After bedtime, several stories, a drink of water and a plain cracker, while Em was having five minutes reading time with the lights on:

Em:  Mama.(pause) Mama? (pause) Maaaamaaaaa. (pause) MAMA! MAAAAAMAAAAAAAAA!
Me: (going in) What?!
Em: I need to read you a story.
Me: A quick one, then it's lights out.
Em: ('reading') Tuck me in.  Time for bed. Who need to tucked in? I do. Goodnight baby elephant. (looks at me) And that's the end.
Me: Ok, goodnight.
Em: I need daddy cuddle. Little cuddle.
Me: Ok
Em: You got to ask nicely Mama. Got to say 'please Daddy for a little cuddle."
Me: Ok, I will.

Lights go out. Daddy goes in for little cuddle.  I go back in for little cuddle.  Silence...

10 minutes later:


Em:  Mama.(pause) Mama? (pause) Maaaamaaaaa. (pause) MAMA! MAAAAAMAAAAAAAAA!
Me: (going in) What?!
Em: I need something to cuddle.  Need a toy.
Me: Ok.  This one? (teddy) 
Em:  Ummm, yep!
Me: Here you go.  Good night
Em: Good night.

10 minutes later:

Em:  Mama.(pause) Mama? (pause) Maaaamaaaaa. (pause) MAMA! MAAAAAMAAAAAAAAA!
Me: (going in) What?!
Em:  Need to take the strangle off!
(I remove the teddy bear's bow tie)
Me: Is that better?
Em: Yep.  That's the Mummy one.  Need the Daddy one.
(I get the 'daddy' teddy, and the baby one)

Silence.  Finally.  Till my phone message alert goes off. D'oh!  At least she stays in bed I suppose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.