Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oh the humanity!

On Sunday we were down at the playground by the beach, taking our opportunity to get outside between rain showers (by showers, I actually mean 'downpours').  There was one break in the rain which was long enough for the playground to be almost dry, but there were low, dark, rain-full clouds looming ominously, and mist in the distance.

Em had quite a good play, including a trouserless splash in the sea, but when I felt the first little spits I knew another downpour was nearly upon us.  I called Ember:

Me: Come on Em, the rain's coming, we'd better get back in the car.
Em: Ooh!  Ok Mama.

She ran over to me then stopped, turned back to the playground and yelled at the top of her voice:

Em: Quick! Everyone! The rain is coming! THE RAIN IS COMING!

Overreaction much?!!  She was quite nonplussed when everyone ignored her warning and continued to play, although we were vindicated a couple of minutes later when the skies opened!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.