Monday, January 21, 2013

Mama's revenge

Those of you who know me have suggested more than once that Ember gets her... quirkiness... from me.  Although my mother assures me I was not quite as odd as my daughter when I was Ember's age, I do tend towards the theatrical, and both Simon and I have more than enough of our own quirks to go around.  The other day I managed to completely irritate my darling child (and not for the first or last time, I assure you) when she was trying to get my attention in a particularly whiny voice.

Em: Mama...
Me: (singing) ...just killed a man... Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he's dead.
Em: Mama!
Me: (singing)... life had juuuuust begun! And now I've gone and thrown it all away...
Em: MAMA!
Me: (singing) oooo-ooooo-ooo-oooh.  Didn't mean to make you cry. If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on... carry on...
Em: Mama, stop singing! (puts her hands over my mouth, so I lick them.  We end up in a laughing heap)

We do have fun together.  And it's a great way to stop the whining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.