Sunday, January 27, 2013

A hairy situation

I've had my hair short for a while now, but for the last few months I've been growing it longer. This was partly because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it, and Em said that I "look more pretty when your hair is more bigger". This, despite the fact that when I first shaved it (for a charity fundraiser) she told me she loved my "spicy" hair.

Anyway, it was getting a bit mullety at the back, so I went to the hairdresser on Friday. Now that my hair has grown a decent amount, we have starting shaping it into a real asymmetrical style, so while one side is being allowed to get longer, the other side is now quite short. It's really funky, and I love it, but Em was not impressed.

Me: Do you like my hair cut Em?
Em: (absently) yeah... (then actually looking) oh no! You're supposed to be getting it longer, not shorter!
Me: It's longer on one side! It's called asymmetrical.
Em: Well you shouldn't do that Mummy, you need to grow it on all the sides. You need hair on this side (pointing to the lefthand side) and you need to grow your hair on your backside!

I really don't think I'll be following this advice..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.