Saturday, January 19, 2013

The next Stephen King?

I wasn't feeling great yesterday so came home from work a bit early. Needless to say I probably would have got more rest at work, as Ember was overjoyed to have Mummy home, and decided to "look after" me.

Em: (lying on top of me with her ear on my chest) I heard your tummy rumble! That means you're hungry!
Me: It might do. I haven't eaten very much because I wasn't feeling very good.
Em: It rumbled again. (Serious voice) Uh oh. Do you know what Mummy? That's not a hungry, that's a quawawus.
Me: A what?
Em: A quawawus. Do you know what that is?
Me: No, I have no idea.
Em: A quawawus gets in through your little boobies (quick giggle) then it goes down into your tummy and it drinks up all your blood and eats you up from the inside.
Me: oh dear. That sounds terrible! I hope I haven't got one of those in my tummy.
Em: Well sorry Mummy but you has, I heard it. But it's ok, it's just a baby one and he's a nice one. Baby ones doesn't eat you up and drink your blood.
Me: Thank goodness.
Em: (listening to my tummy) Uh oh. There's a daddy one in there now.
Me: Oh no, is he going to eat me?
Em: No, the daddy ones are nice ones too. Only the mummy ones eat you. (Pause) Uh oh. I can hear a mummy one in there now. The daddy one is kicking her and kicking her while she's eating you.
Me: I don't think I like this story.
Em: (tickling my tummy then up my throat) I'll get it out for you... There it's gone back out your booby.
Me: Well, thank goodness for that!

I suppose if laughter is the best medicine, I should be well on the way to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.