Friday, December 9, 2011

Butterflies and Crocodiles

On the way home in the car the other day, Em had her hand out the window, feeling the wind rushing past.  She and I were both in the back seat (car pooling) and a most bizarre conversation then ensued.

Em: Look Mummy, the wind on my hand!  I going to be a butterfly soon.
Me: Oh, are you?
Em: Yes, I getting my butterfly wings too.  You can have butterfly wings too Mummy.  I have the green ones, you have red wings and daddy have blue wings.
Me: What about Nana?
Em: Yep, she can.  She haves yellow wings.
Me: What about... Sarah? (my friend from work, who Ember absolutely adores)
Em: Yep, she can have... can you tell me Mummy? (all the wings were based on people's favourite colours)
Me: Um, I'm not sure what Sarah's favourite colour is.  How about green? I think she likes green.
Em: Nope, I've got the green ones.
Me: Are there no more green ones?
Em: No, just one.
Me: What about purple then?
Em: Nope, they're mine too.
Me: You can't have two pairs of wings!
Em: Um, Sarah can have... brown.
Me: Brown wings?
Em: No, she has to has white.
Me: Is that because she's an angel?
Em: Nope, I'm being the cat, you being the frog and Sarah is being the... crocodile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.