Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Nudey-Rudey Rescuer

Ember and I are currently staying at mum's while the renovations at our house settle down, and will move back once we have walls and a kitchen. Em, Nana J and I had a brilliant conversation tonight, which I wish I had recorded as I'm sure I'll get some of it wrong, but Nana can verify that if anything, it was probably more surreal than my memory of it!

Em brought a 3 kilo weight to each of us.

Em: there's your jelly.
Me: thanks.
Em: don't eat it yet, just put it there, it's for your party.
Me: ok.
Em: just put it there. You got to have a dream first. Go to sleep Mummy and Nana. You got to have a dream. Do you have a dream Nana?
NJ: yes I do. It happens at 8 o'clock tonight. (i.e. the lotto draw!)
Me: ooh, yes, can you make that one come true Ember?
Em: yes I can, coz I'm a rescuer!
NJ: you're a rescuer?
Em: yes, I am. I rescued the boy. But he run away from me.
NJ: did he?
Em: yes he did, and I was rescuing him and he run away and I shout COME BACK like that really loud. His name is... name is... Bolly.
Me: Bolly?
Em: yes, and he run away from me and I call out to him.
NJ: did he come back?
Em: yes he did, and he was going to the nudey-rudey park.
NJ: why?
Em: Because he's a nudey-rudey!
NJ: of course!
Em: yes, and he was going to the bakers shop.
NJ: I thought he was going to the nudey-rudey shop.
Em: yes, but he going to the bakers shop.
NJ: is it a nudey rudey baker shop?
Em: yes, it is, and he got a fat puku like this! (showing us her skinny puku)
NJ: I'm not surprised if he was at the nudey rudey baker shop.

I can't remember what happened next, mostly because I had to wipe my tears of laughter away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.