Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The sky is falling!

Driving back to Mum's house, we saw a car towing quite a big boat through Orakei.

Em: Look, there's a boat driving down the road!
Me: Yes, it's being towed by the car.
Em: Where's he going?
Me: To find some water probably.
Em: He's going to the swimming pool?
Me: No, to the beach I imagine.
Em: Where's he going to? To have a swim?
Me: Maybe.  He might be having a swim, or going fishing, or going to an island, like Rangitoto.
Em: (pause) That sounds like Rangi!  Rangi, Rangi, Rangitoto! That's a teacher!  You make me funny and laughing Mummy.
Me: It does have the same sound in it doesn't it.  Rangi means 'sky'
Em: No!
Me: It does. Rangi means 'sky' in Maori.
Em: Oh no, Rangi up in the sky! She hiding in the clouds!
Me: Is she?
Em: Yes, she hiding in the clouds.  She might fall down.
Me: I hope not.
Em: Oh no! Rangi's falling!  I can catch her Mummy.
Me: I hope so.
Em: I got to run really fast and drive my green car really fast and catch Rangi. Yep, I did it, I catched her.
Me: Oh good.
Em: She might fall in the hole, but I catched her.
Me: That was lucky.
Em: I got a treat for Rangi, and Nana Jay and Poppa John and Daddy and you mummy.  I got it from the lolly shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.