Saturday, April 16, 2011

Colours (color es)

Ember learned all her colours pretty early - she was about 18 months and learned them all in about a week, prompted initially by Nana's yellow car.  So I guess it should have been no surprise, when we were reading stories tonight, that Ember, completely unprompted, pointed to something green on a page and said "Look, it's verde."

I tried a few more, and discovered she also knows rojo (red), amarillo (yellow) and azul (blue). 

At least the hours of Dora endurance have not been in vain...  Perhaps she'll end up bilingual if she watches it for a few more hours (although Simon and I will probably be gibbering in the corner by that time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.