Friday, April 15, 2011

Creepy Crawlies

The scourge of parenthood - we have nits.  It makes me shudder (and itch) just thinking about the lousy little blighters.  On the plus side, there has been much opportunity for Emberisms as well!

(in the car on the way home from Toddlers)
Me:  Now Em, when we get home, we're going to have to comb your hair lots, and spray some stuff in it, and wash it, and comb it some more. OK?
Em: Why?
Me: You've got nits.  They're like little bugs which are living in your hair, and that's why your head has been so itchy.
Em: I got knots?
Me: Nits, they're called nits.
Em: I see the nuts?
Me: Yep, you can see the nits when I comb them out.
Em: Mummy got nuts?
Me: Yes, I've got nits too.  So I have to comb my hair lots too.
Em: I see Mummy's nuts?
Me: Sure.
Em: Daddy got nuts?
(you can see where this was heading)
Me:  Um. I don't know.  I'll have to see if daddy has nits but I don't think he does
Em: Daddy got no nuts!

You'll be pleased to know Ember and I are now de-loused (and will continue to de-louse for the next three weeks).  Sheets and pillowcases have been changed, hair brushes boiled, clothes washed... what a palaver!

Oh, and as it turns out, Daddy only had one 'nut' - but we are going to de-louse him to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.