Monday, April 11, 2011

A Simonism...

This is not strictly an Emberism, but very funny nonetheless!

Simon and I were at the opening night of The Witches of Eastwick at the Harlequin Theatre (Em was being looked after by Nana), and were entitled to a free bubbles or orange juice with our ticket.  Si is not much of a bubbles man, so asked if he could have regular white wine instead.  After some conferring it was decided this was ok.  The conversation then went thus:

Bar guy:  So, what did you want instead?
Simon: A flat white
Bar guy: Uhhh...
Simon: I mean a flat white wine.  A white wine.  With no bubbles.
Bar guy: Ok.  Would you like sauvignon or chardonnay?
Simon: Yes, that's fine, thanks.
Bar guy: ...
Renee:  He'll have a sauvignon.

Now we know where Em gets it from!!

1 comment:

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.