Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catch-up Snippets...

I've been busy with assignments and stuff so haven't posted for a while.  Also, both Em and I have had bugs of various sort, and I haven't been in a blogging frame of mind.  So here are a few snippets which have happened since I last blogged:

(in the carpool)
Jo: Where's your [toy] snake?
Em: In the car
Jo: Is it in your car?
Em: No.  I haven't got a car.

(to daddy, apropos of nothing)
Em: I going to have a green house and a green car and a green chocolate button THIS BIG and you can all have some.

(picking up my over-the-knee rainbow sock)
Em: What's this mama?
Me: It's my sock.
Em: No, it's a monster!
Me: Is it?
Em: Yes, it is a monster, see look! (makes my sock jump and crawl around) Rarrrr!
Me: What kind of monster is it?
Em: Is a tiger cat. Is going to eat you RARRRRR (attacks me with sock)

(after dropping John and Jo off this morning, following a conversation about Jon going to 'school' - he's a PhD student)
Em: Where's Jon's school?
Me: It's there.
Em: No, that's not a school.
Me: That's where Jon goes to school.
Em: No playground!
Me: Do you think Jon's school has a playground?
Em: Yes, it does, he play on it. (pause) Has lollies on the playground
Me: Does Jon eat lollies on the playground?
Em: No, Jo does, she eat them all up, YUM.

1 comment:

  1. She's a joy to have a conversation with. Very focused and gets straight to the important things in life. We need you in parliament Em!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.