Saturday, May 7, 2011

Emilie and James (part two)

Those of you who have read the first post on this blog will know that Ember and I had a visit from Sarah, Emilie and Holly-the-dog a while ago, which has stuck in Ember's mind.  Today we had a sequel to the last conversation!

Em: (in the car, on the way to the shops, apropos of nothing) Where's Holly?
Me: She's at Sarah's house.  Actually, she's at Sarah's sister's house...
Em: Where's other girl? Embilly?
Me: Emilie?
Em: Yes, Emilie. Where's Emilie?
Me: Emilie's at her house.
Em: Emilie lives with James?
Me: That's right.
Em: Emilie lives with James the train!
Me: Well, no, Emilie's James is not a train, he's a boy.
(pause)
Me: Do you think Emilie lives with James the train or James the boy?
Em: No, James the girl!
Me: James is a boy.
Em: No, James a girl.  Emilie lives with James the girl

I haven't met James, so perhaps she's right (I'll have to ask Emilie!)

1 comment:

Sorry, I've had to add word verification to comments due to the large number of spam comments I've been receiving. Let me know if it's too annoying and I'll change to using comment moderation instead.